All participants in Experiential Global Learning programs must agree to and sign the Student Contract, which contains the following Cancellation, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy:
1. I understand that, after I Commit to this Program, UConn will post the Experiential Global Learning Fee on my UConn fee bill. I understand that this fee is non-refundable unless either the host Program also does not accept me or Experiential Global Learning cancels the Program. If I Cancel, Withdraw, or am Separated from my Program, UConn cannot refund me the Experiential Global Learning Fee.
2. I understand that, from the date I Commit to my Program to the Program start date, I may Cancel my Commitment to the Program. To do so, I must notify Experiential Global Learning in writing about my desire to Cancel my Commitment. I also understand that my Cancellation is effective only upon the date of receipt of written notification to Experiential Global Learning.
3. I understand that, from the Program start date to Program end date, I may Withdraw from the Program. To do so, I must notify Experiential Global Learning in writing, via a Withdrawal Form or email. This written notification must include my reasons for Withdrawal. I also understand that my Withdrawal is effective only upon that the date of receipt of written notification to Experiential Global Learning.
4. In the event of my Cancellation or Withdrawal, I understand that I am responsible for informing all other relevant officials of my Program, including but not limited to the Program leader, the host institution, UConn, and my home institution.
5. I understand that, as soon as I Commit to my Program, Experiential Global Learning immediately may begin to pay for my Program expenses or encumber funds on my behalf for that purpose. As a result, I am undertaking a financial obligation to Experiential Global Learning and any third parties to pay my Program Fees in full regardless of whether I participate in the Program. If I Cancel, Withdraw, or am Separated from my Program at any time or for any reason after I have Committed, Experiential Global Learning may not be able to refund any of my Program Fees, above and beyond the non-refundable Experiential Global Learning Fee, Application Fee, Registration Fee, or other UConn fees. I acknowledge that UConn will require substantial time, up to and including the Program end date, to calculate and disburse any potential refund due to me.
6. I acknowledge that, if awarded a Global Citizenship, Regional Campus, Veterans, or Global Affairs Foundation Scholarship, I must renounce that award if I Cancel, Withdraw, or am Separated from the Program. Experiential Global Learning will bill my UConn fee bill any outstanding expenses as a result.
7. I understand that, if I Cancel or Withdraw from the Program as a result of my failure to comply with passport, visa, or legal status requirements within my control in a timely manner, Experiential Global Learning may not be able to refund any of my Program Fees.
8. I understand that any airline tickets I purchase are my own personal financial responsibility and will not affect whether Experiential Global Learning Accepts me into a Program. I acknowledge that Experiential Global Learning advises I should purchase affordable and refundable airline tickets and/or travel or trip cancellation insurance to help safeguard me against losses or penalties should my Program be canceled or Program dates change. I acknowledge that Experiential Global Learning assumes no responsibility for such losses or penalties connected to airline tickets I purchase on my own.
9. I understand that, if I am using federal financial aid and Cancel, Withdraw, or am Separated from my Program, it is my responsibility to contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services, as my Cancellation, Withdrawal, or Separation may affect my financial aid package.
10. I understand that if I am participating in an Academic Year, Fall, or Spring Program and I Withdraw or am Separated from my Program after the start of the UConn term, I may need to Withdraw from the University of Connecticut for that term. I understand that I must contact the UConn Dean of Students Office to determine my status as a student and/or initiate the processes for a Leave of Absence, Withdrawal, or readmission to the University of Connecticut.
11. I acknowledge that UConn reserves the right to cancel or make changes or substitutions to the entire Program, fees, courses, faculty, agenda, field trips, itinerary, flight arrangements, and other services as deemed necessary by UConn, the host Program, or their agents or employees. I understand that, even after I Commit to my Program, such changes may occur, and that all fees and expenses are non-refundable unless I am not also accepted by the host Program (e.g., a university or Affiliate provider) or if Experiential Global Learning cancels the Program outright.
Program Cancellation Process
If you were accepted to an Experiential Global Learning program, have not yet Committed, and would like to decline your acceptance, you can do so by logging into your program application and declining your offer.
If you have signed the Student Contract and Committed to your program, but would like to Withdraw after that point, please complete the following Program Withdrawal Form. Please note that you are subject to the Cancellation, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy stated above on this page that you signed as part of the Student Contract.
Cancellation or withdrawal from your program is final and irreversible.