Undergraduate Student Travel Registration

Undergraduate students traveling out of the country for university-sponsored or university-related purposes, including internships, research, service-learning, volunteer opportunities, conferences, registered student organization activities, student groups affiliated with academic departments, and other non-credit-bearing University programs must register with Global Affairs in accordance with the UConn Student International Travel Policy. For any student organization travel abroad, all students and groups also must undertake the Off-Campus Activities Advising notification process with the Division of Student Affairs, Student Activities.

Students will be enrolled and covered by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) Health Insurance for the duration of their trip upon completion of the Global Affairs Travel Registration form.

Please note: You will be required to pay a $25 registration fee within the form by credit card. Your department may contact Global Affairs directly if they would like to cover this fee.

UConn Students Traveling to a Destination under a Level 3 or 4 Travel Advisory with an Organized Student Group: 

  1. The group leader must meet with the Director of Experiential Global Learning to go over the details of the trip.
  2. The group leader and each group member individually must complete the online Global Affairs Travel Registration and a Travel Waiver form.

Violations of this policy may result in disciplinary measures in accordance with the University of Connecticut Responsibilities of Community Life: The Student Code.

The University reserves the right to deny academic credit, funding or reimbursement for any student international travel that is inconsistent with published policies and practices.

Undergraduate Student Travel Registration