Questions to Consider and Discuss with an EGL Advisor
- What do I know about the religion(s) of my host country and the role religion plays in society?
- What is the attitude of people in my host country towards other religions?
- How are religious holidays observed and celebrated? Will I want to participate?
- How will people perceive my religion? Is my religion legal in my host country?
- Will I have access to my religion’s places of worship or religious groups? If not, how will I adjust my religious practice while abroad?
- Will my religion’s holidays be observed and celebrated in my host country? If not, how will I plan to observe holidays?
- Will my religious dietary restrictions be accommodated in my host country?
- If I plan to live in a homestay while abroad, am I open to living in a homestay with a similar or diverse religious background from myself?
Christian Today International
Diversity Abroad, Religious Diversity Abroad Guide
Halal Restaurants & Stores (Zabihah)
International Humanist and Ethical Union
International Religious Freedom Report, U.S. Department of State
Jewish Virtual Library: Synagogues of the World
Kahal: Your Jewish Home Abroad
World Buddhist Directory